1. Maturity/Realism - The most important rule is that when you role-play, you must show maturity within your character. This goes hand in hand with realism. Try to get inside the head of your character and decide how they would handle situations and interact with others. Remember, you are playing the role of someone else, not yourself. If you can't handle this simple rule, please look elsewhere for gaming.
2. Update Limit / Requirements - Be sure to update your journal at least every 3 weeks to maintain your membership in the community. Inactivity will lead to replacement. 3 weeks is the absolute deadline, in order for you to have fun in the game, we recommend trying to involve yourself a little bit more than that.
Though we don’t expect novels, somewhere with in the 3 weeks we expect an entry that is more then just a line or two. An example of a decent mature journal entry that incorporates the knowledge of the character as well as personal creativity can be found here.
3. Character Limit - You may only take on 2 roles. They must be from different fandoms to avoid conflicts of interest. You cannot play one character plus that characters girlfriend, best friend, bandmate, castmate, etc.
4. In Character/Out Of Character Separation - Please be sure to separate In Character (IC) from Out Of Character (OOC) at all times. Keep OOC feelings away from your character and vice versa. All OOC posts should be made in the OOC community and not in your character's journal.
5. First Entry - Every character MUST have a first entry upon receipt of their application. It should be informative as to who the person is, where we'd know them from, and any other fun, general things you'd like for us to know. However, try to stay away from quoting fan sites and IMDB.com. first entry example
6. Screen names/ User names - Your journal username and AIM screen name should directly relate to your character. User names should be first last or middle names only; meaning no additional words. No one wants to see super_sexy_hil for Hilary Duff.
7. Storyline Rules:
- No rape, incest, murder, or life-threatening illness storylines unless it occur in the celebrity's real life.
- Please treat serious issues with caution and always be as realistic as possible.
- Be true to your character. Justin Timberlake does not have cancer so it would be
in poor taste to play him in that situation.
- Pregnancies must last entirely 9 months and be well researched. If you don't
want to wait 9 months, you shouldn't have a pregnancy storyline.
- Once again, be as realistic as possible. Do your research and know what your character is
doing, what events he/she is attending, and what projects he/she is working
8. Disclaimer - It is truly important that you include the notquiteceleb disclaimer in your journal. If not, Livejournal has a right to suspend and/or delete your journal. Please place the word "Disclaimer" under the title of website in your user information, and include the link http://www.freewebs.com/notquiteceleb/d
9. Community Voting - It's important to the mod team that the thoughts and concerns of the community members are heard. Therefore, if we change a rule that we feel will effect the community in a big way, we will enforce voting. __timberlake will update with a poll explaining the possible rule change and the members will be able to vote yes, to enforce it, or no, to not have it. You can also reply with comments if you want to adjust it, talk about it, or have questions about it.